- Level monitoring and level indication of liquids
- Level detection for almost all liquid media
- Pump and level control
- Alarm signals
- Dry-run and overflow protection
- Lateral installation in the tank
- Operating limits:
– Operating temperature: T = -40 … +120 °C
– Operating pressure: P = 5 bar
– Limit density: ρ ≥800 kg/m3
- Plastic and stainless steel versions
- Space-saving installation
- Switch consists of only one component
With its compact design, the model HLS-M float switch for horizontal installation in miniature design is ideally suited for use in small tanks, for indicating minimum/maximum levels.
The float is attached to a supported, swivelling lever and moves with the level of the medium being measured. By means of a permanent magnet, when a preset switch point is reached, a reed contact (inert gas contact) is actuated.
By using a magnet and reed contact the switching operation is non-contact, free from wear and needs no power supply. The contacts are potential-free.
The switching function refers to a rising liquid level: Standard use as normally open contact (can be used as normally closed contact by a 180° rotation).
The float switch is simple to mount and maintenance-free, so the costs of mounting, commissioning and operation are low.