- Level detection for almost all liquid media
- Pump and level control
- Chemical, petrochemical industry, natural gas, offshore, shipbuilding, machine building, power generating equipment, power plants
- Process water and drinking water treatment
- Large range of application due to the simple, proven functional principle
- For harsh operating conditions, long service life
- Operating limits:
– Operating temperature: T = -120 … +350 °C
– Operating pressure: P = Vacuum to 232 bar
– Limit density: ρ ≥ 600 kg/m3
- Stainless steel and plastic versions
- Explosion-protected versions
In addition to the various applications for float switches for vertical installation (model FLS), the model HLS horizontal float switches likewise offer innumerable possibilities to monitor and/or switch levels in order to indicate minimum/maximum levels.
The float is attached to a supported, swivelling lever and moves with the level of the medium being measured. By means of a permanent magnet, fixed to the end of the lever, when a preset switch point is reached, a reed contact (inert gas contact) within the contact tube is actuated.
By using a permanent magnet and a reed contact the switching operation is non-contact, free from wear and needs no power supply. The functioning of the float switch is independent of foaming, conductivity, vapours, bubble formation and vibrations.
The signal processing is universal. Direct connection to PLCs, NAMUR connections, signal amplifiers or contact protection relays is possible.
The float switch is simple to mount and maintenance-free, so the costs of mounting, commissioning and operation are low.